2.10.2009

We've Got a Bleeder!

It had to happen sooner or later I guess. Easton is now fascinated with everything he can get his hands on in the cupboards. Mostly mixing bowls. He loves a good mixing bowl. Throw in a measuring spoon, or a wooden spoon and he is in heaven. And don't think we can leave to go anywhere without taking a bowl with us. Can we put it down to eat? No, we just improvise.
Don't even think he's going to bed without one.

Apparently he can let go of one to grab a cheese grater though! We were in the kitchen, this time I was actually preparing a meal (yay!) while Easton went about his scattering of kitchen paraphernalia. (Didn't know paraphernalia had an r in it. Learn something new everyday.) Anyway, he started whining like he wanted me to pick him up so I look down and almost faint. His hand is covered in blood. He had cut his cute little thumb on the dumb old cheese grater. Why it was where he could reach it, I don't know. I learned my lesson, and its moved. Anyway, it didn't seem to bother him. It was a tiny little cut but it bled like a maniac. Let me tell you, its not easy to persuade a toddler to let you put pressure on his thumb for a sustained period of time. Randon looks like a really mean dad who laughs when his son is crying, but don't worry, Easton was crying because we were trying to hold his hand to put a band aid on it. I think he was trying to say, "Don't touch me." We tried the band aid but that foreign object was ripped off in a jiffy.

Around this point, my dear son caught on that I was concerned. And since then, he's been milkin it for all its worth. He'll whine and hold out his thumb for a kiss. Its pretty funny. Oh, and remember our friend, the mixing bowl? We don't put it down when we are bleeding profusely either, no way. Kinda gross, but I thought it was funny.


I love my crazy boy! And don't worry, all is well in the thumb department today.

10 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

It is so sad when they actually start bleeding for the first time, I cried the first time it happened to Cameron!!

Kate and Wiley said...

That is the funniest face I have ever seen. Hehehe. Randon laughing in the background really doesn't help! :) hahaha.

Cassidie Anne said...

I like how you can see easton reaching for the bloody, blood bloody not the English swearword, bowl while you are taking a picture. Jess I just want to know what is going on over there....Easton seems to have lots of "bleeders"

Tina said...

what a dang cute kid! And Randon in the background cracks me up.

Danielle said...

Easton is too cute! I love that his current best friend is a mixing bowl. Maybe you're raising a chef. =)

I'm glad his little thumb is feeling better.

Connie said...

It's so funny how they pick up on getting sympathy so quickly. Next time he sees blood, he'll know that he needs to be upset right away for even more sympathy. Hope his little thumb feels ok.

rwphillipsfamily said...

oh my! what an adventure for Easton!! I just love seeing this kid and his smile. You are an amazing mom, Easton's a lucky kid! smile!

Cassidie Anne said...

Holy smokes.

Krista said...

That is a cute story - he is adorable.

Cassidie Anne said...

why did i say holy smokes? i didn't say that.....though every time I look at the pictures of easton with blood and the bloody bowl i want to throw up. I really didn't say holy smokes....someone is stealing my identity