It's about time I get around to posting about Christmas. It was so great. Having Easton brings so much magic to the whole thing! Bring on the pictures! (Can someone tell me why my clear pictures are uploaded to look all grainy and crappy? Thank you.) So. Christmas Eve we headed over to my Aunt's house to spend time with my Dad's family. Easton had heard the big man was coming to visit and he was telling everyone he was going to sit on Santa's lap and tell him that he wanted "baby presents". Yeah right. All talk, I thought. He had never seen Santa up close and judging from his shy disposition, I figured he would never sit alone on a big cheery stranger's lap. Well he came, and Easton saw everyone excited and actually went up with Grandma. A little cautious...
And....success!! No big smiles, but no crying or flailing!
I was blown away!
He was so excited... he even got a candy cane!
That night we came home and opened jammies. (Easton matched all of the big boys, so cute.) Easton went to bed after leaving cookies and egg nog for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. The next morning, I think I was more excited than Easton was. Well I know I was more excited, he didn't really know what was going on.
Oh! Can't forget the family Christmas picture on the stairs!
Randon's favorite thing if you can't tell.
Oh, wait! Lets get another one with the whole fam! Yes!
He quickly caught on that all of this fun stuff was for him. He seriously is the best child to have when you need a little reassurance that he likes something. Every little thing he would show me and say something like, "Look Momma! A jumpin rope! I love it!"
Lookin at his loot...
Wait, lets get a close up of these bad boys.
Why? Because I made them, thats why. Tent and all.
Thats a story for another post.
He also got a big play tent(thankyou IKEA, $10!!, but I hate you for selling PERMANENT CHILDREN's whiteboard markers, Crayola makes washable ones! Step it up!)
...so he had a "big" tent and a "baby" tent. (It's a whole thing over here.)
I was kindly invited to enter the tent with him.
And was promptly left to fend for myself.
This was possibly the funniest moment of the day.
He reeeeally wanted to be inside the baby tent.
Got a little stuck.
We came up with something better...baby tent inside the big tent.
He was loving the fact he got to open some of the presents that had been forbidden for so long.
What? Grandma got me a Yo Gabba Gabba plate, cup and bowl? She is the coolest. Ever.
Christmas afternoon we made preparations to head down to Sanpete county to spend the night with Randon's family. We stayed the night in a lodge and ate food, exchanged gifts and had lots of fun! The next morning Randon and Easton headed outside for some sledding.
Thumbs up for a great Christmas!
We hope you all had a great holiday!
4 comments:
Cute! And I love that you are so crafty and made freaking stuffed animals!!! WOW!!!
Still stuck on the markers? Haha.... woooowww!
when did you seek out and get pictures? Cute! Impressive tent....could I make 8 (yes 8) for doll club, or are they toooooo hard?? Maybe I could enlist your help :)
I literally laughed out loud when i saw little easton stuck in the baby tent.. but i agree with you, why would you sell a permenant mark to a child?!
Post a Comment