7.01.2011

4th decor on the cheap.

I decided I wanted some festive-ness for the 4th in our home but I didn't have anything. This is what I came up with. I ended up using cute paper for most of my projects. Cute and cheap! 

Easy pinwheels and paper in a frame with some scrabble tiles. Fun.

I'm really loving the subway art trend. I put this together in Microsoft Publisher. Easy peasy.

I found this vintage postcard image online. Printed it out. Voila. Styrofoam balls are covered with strips of paper secured with straight pins.

Eh. I saw this idea online. Mine didn't turn out as cute. Oh well. Cheap. Great northern beans, red beans and black beans (that look navy) layered for a flag effect.

More cute paper stuff! I don't know what to call these. Fans? Sure. And a tin from the Target dollar spot. Gotta love it! (By my family rules subway-ish art. I might be obsessed with the stuff.) :)

Hooray for a little red, white and blue to liven things up! We are sure looking forward to the holiday weekend...hope yours is wonderful!

3 comments:

Kate and Wiley said...

Who are you? Martha Stewart (pre-jail...of course..) You just come up with these amazing decorations out of thin air? You are putting me to shame.

Whitney said...

Hahaha... Kate cracks me up. Pre-jail Martha Stewart?!

But I agree, you are putting us to shame. SO CUTE!

Jeanette said...

You are so crafty! Love it. Can you send me your Publisher file so that I can print it off too? I don't have any 4th of July decor.
jenpenny74atgmail.com