Oh how I adore Christmas. It is so magical. Even though we didn't get many Christmasy activities checked off of our list due to sickness, and even though it went by so fast, we still had a great time. Easton had lots of fun each morning, looking for our elf on the shelf, Jingle. He found him making a snow angel one morning, have a marshmallow snowball fight with Buzz, making paper snowflakes and even on the computer where he left him a message. I'm glad we started that little tradition. It's so fun. Easton was so excited all season. He is a boy after my own heart, he loves spotting Christmas lights and decorations, and Christmas songs and when we got what was probably our only snowstorm, he was so excited. He couldn't wait for Santa, he told me whenever we heard "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", that you didn't need to watch out, because Santa isn't scary. He learned about coal this year and repeatedly reminded me that he did NOT want coal. A week before Christmas we headed down to Sanpete with Randon's family to spend the night at the lodge. We have so much fun when we do that, it was a great time, and Easton loved playing with his cousins and Luke was a good little guy.
Christmas Eve, we spent some time at my grandparents house where Easton got to sit on Santa's lap! So exciting!
He asked him for a giant McMissile from Cars 2. Lukster was sleeping and missed St. Nick, but I'm pretty sure he didn't mind. After opening gifts from Grandma Great (my Grandma Rass), it was home to open Christmas jammies! Randon makes fun of me but I love to have my boys match or coordinate. I'm a dork, but it is so cute.
 |
| Luke wasn't diggin picture time. |
Easton was actually old enough to be so excited he couldn't sleep. It was so cute. He had been so excited to rip a link off of his paper chain every night, counting down the days and it was finally here. He called out to us multiple times..."When is it going to be morning?" So cute.
Well morning finally came and he was able to see what Santa brought.
SUCCESS!
What a fun morning! He and Luke were spoiled and I was too. Randon surprised me with the Nikon 1 I had been dreaming of. So awesome! I'm so excited to have better pictures now and learn more about manual settings. Randon got some snow boots and aviation sunglasses. Lukie was dying to see what he got. ;) He got some cool stuff too.
We went to my mom's ward and snuck out right during the closing song...to go Skype with Braiden! It was great to see him and have him see Luke for the first time (other than pictures) and see how Easton has grown.
We had fun chatting with my fam, eating yummy food and relaxing and had fun opening gifts! And of course the boys were spoiled. They are lucky little guys.
We truly had a great Christmas. We are definitely blessed. Hope you all had a joyous season!
1 comment:
Are you kidding? Matching kids are the best! And *I* like to try to match with Katie any time that I can. :)
Post a Comment