11.28.2007

Backtracking...

I was scheduled to be induced on October 15 at 9:00 pm. 22 long hours later, Easton Kenneth Russell was finally born!! It was so hard to imagine that my huge belly actually had a baby in it, I couldn't believe he was really here! He weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and was 20 inches long. After pushing for so long, I was exhausted...as you can tell in the LOVELY pic. Oh man, I just glowed with beauty didn't I? YIKES! Anyway, I was happy when I had enough rest that I could actually hold the little man. He was and still is more perfect than I could have ever imagined (as I'm sure every mom would say about their children). Easton is a great baby! He is just so calm and observant when he is awake, I'm sure he is just trying to take in all the craziness at my mom's house with so many people and so much noise. He just turned 6 weeks old yesterday...crazy! Time flies when you are sleep deprived... These days we are trying our hardest to get a smile out of him. The first time I thought he was smiling, I got so excited, I let out an excited squeal and of course scared the poor little guy and that smile was history. My mom and dad and Randon have all claimed to have gotten a smile...go figure. He teases me with little half smiles sometimes...I'll just be patient.

1 comment:

Becky said...

You are so funny! I remember working on getting Colt's first giggle.