3.14.2008

Our View


So when we moved in, this is what we saw across the way. How lovely. It was a brand new model home and no one is really sure how it happened. We've mostly heard arson. There were a few rumors that the builder was going under and he set it on fire to get the insurance money. The house was torn down after I took this picture. Most of the other homes around us are being finished and we don't have many neighbors yet. So once in awhile a cop will come drive slowly by and shine his spotlight all over in the empty houses. I didn't realize that this was a bit scary until I forced my lazy bum outside in the dark one night to go running. Okay, jogging. Okay, most could probably walk faster but I digress... So there I am in the dark quiet, jogging along, and see all of the empty houses and can just imagine the creepy arsonists hiding out in the unfinished houses just waiting to pounce. Then I realize I am breathing pretty loud because I'm not quite to the athletic level I should be. So then I try to breathe quiet so I won't be noticed. That didn't work. I have to have oxygen apparently to exert myself like that. So I had to run really fast to get home. Wow long story. Anyway, moral: if you need motivation to run faster, go somewhere spooky. That was a good workout. And lets hope no arsonists are lurking around my neighborhood anymore.

5 comments:

shana said...

I will give you another exercise tip, when running outside, always remember you have to get back. One time I ran about a mile away from my house at about 8:00 on a summer night, when the sun started to go down, I realized I still had to go back and of course by then I was at the walking stage of my workout but I was scared someone was going to jump out and kidnap me, but I was to tired to run, yada yada yada-don't go to far from home or just don't go running.
That's too bad about that house, it was pretty.

Kylee said...

You blog is even cuter on my computer.
There were no fire-setters out to get you... it was the zombie people from I AM LEGEND!!! For reals.

Niesha said...

I had this happen to me once...except it was running away from a racoon.I swear it kept following me or there was a gang of them. Those things are vicious! But that is the price you must pay to live in Hickville!

Becky said...

YIPES! Be safe. It would do me good to live by this moral.

Emily said...

I wish I had a view like that one! Mine consists of a dirty window well with spiders! EWWWW!! North south east west,- no matter the direction!!I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!