The first day we were there, we drove out to Goblin Valley, another long drive. Mind you, I think I was sick with something because I got carsick every time we got in the car, so that was pretty fun. Goblin Valley was pretty cool. I think Easton loved being outside walking around. Since he has been born there hasn't been much warm weather, so he hasn't had much outside fun, so this was great.
Here we have Easton having fun exploring with dad.
And of course here is the rock Randon lovingly named Flabby Bum Rock.
I stayed back with Easton for the next hike which was through a slot canyon. A good thing I guess...I probably would have had a heart attack if I saw Randon doing this... apparently this was pretty high. Freestyle climbing like this is safe he tells me. Right.
The next day we headed out again, this time to Capitol Reef. Sweet. Another long drive. This was pretty cool, we saw the orchards in the little establishment of Fruita. There was this little old home where Easton had his first experience with a horse. I can't wait for Randon to teach Easton all about horses...hopefully Bob, his horse, can hold out for a few years. :)
We went on a fun hike down a canyon and saw some petroglyphs the Fremont Indians had carved on the stone. There was also a Pioneer registry where those who passed through would carve their name and date in the rock. Pretty cool. Thats what the pic below is...
All in all it was a fun little getaway. Sorry for the long post! It made us excited for summer with the little sunshine we got!
7 comments:
Man I missed out! Paradise for sure! I'm going to be up on the rocks with Randon next time!!!
Sounds like a fun little trip. Your doing great with two posts in a day, plus ww. I've just been cropping photos and turning them to sepia(thanks for finding that for me) good excuse to not make dinner or do the dishes-I'm going with it!
Looks like you gusy had fun!! I want to go on a trip!
Those pictures are so cute! Look at what a babe you are Jess. Those shades are so Paris...:)
Looks really fun!! And you look really great, Jess.
How is it that you can still be on a camping vacation and still have perfect hair. This looks like it was a ton of fun. Can't wait for the weather to be better so we can all enjoy the great outdoors.
UPDATE YOUR BLOG
Post a Comment