4.11.2008

A Salute to Mothers of More Than ONE Child

Since this past Sunday night, we having been staying at my parents' friends house with their four kids while they are in Mexico. Wow, sometimes keeping track of that many is tough, and the thing is, they are great kids. I've spent the most time with Mallory, their almost three year old. I figured when we had another child Easton might be around her age. Sometimes its been a little crazy when they both need attention! Lets just say getting us all bathed, dressed and ready has been quite an accomplishment each day! So anyway...to all you mothers out there who balance it all so beautifully...here's to you!!

6 comments:

Kylee said...

AMEN! I don't have any kids and can barely get myself ready in the morning.

Mel Sims said...

You updated! =] Yay!

Weird to hear that my "little Jess" is now watching kids....just like I used to watch you guys while your ma and pa went places!

Man I'm old. =]

Sarah said...

It's a whole new ball game when one child comes, but when two are around life gets a little complicated. Here is the thing, once you finally get the hang of one or two, and you are actually on time for church, you find out you are expecting another one....Finally aren't you glad they only come one at a time?

shana said...

All I have to say is--now maybe you can understand when my house is in shambles everyday Tues before WW. Usually when we go out, we have to choose, clean the house or shower, so when I am going out I opt to be smelling good! Someday I will get it all together, and then I will be sad my little ones are big. I'm sure you did a great job! Plus it's harder when their not your own,(you feel like you can't have a breakdown, or swat someone to relieve some stress!-Don't report me to FDSS). Anyway, my advice is to jump in with both feet and have 7 or 8 really close together-you can do it! HaHaHa

Niesha said...

Yeah....I can't even handle two dogs! I had Elfee and Moe at my house today and I left for like 2 seconds to get my camera and Moe pushed Elfee down the stairs! She was yelping so loud I started to cry! So I either need to attach my camera to my hip 24/7 or just say no to kids period! I'm sure you are a pro though!

Connie said...

I'm sure you did great. And don't worry, most people don't usually go from having one child to suddenly having five. It's much more doable when they come one at a time.