9.15.2008

What I've Been Up To...

...trying to decorate on a budget. I finally finished one room in my house, the smallest of course, my laundry room. Got the picture enlarged and sent to my house all for $5, courtesy of Costco.com. The frame was actually an old chalkboard my mom didn't want. I refinished the edges, painted the blackboard and decoupaged the picture on. Cheap and easy! I finally found the fabric I wanted for the bench and was all for stapling the foam to some cardboard for sturdiness. My mom and Randon informed me if anyone sat on it like that they would get a staple in their bum. So I had to save up for some plywood. No more staple bum. I found this clock for a good price but I didn't like the face on it. Once I had the idea of making my own, I was determined. I got many eye rolls from my beloved as he watched me tear the clock apart. Seriously it took me forever. Randon was sure he would be the one putting it back together. Nope. Did it myself. Unfortunately it doesn't tell time as it should anymore. It ticks and tocks but the hands remain motionless. Ack! And I already want to change the face again. Sigh. Cheap frame from Ikea for my bedroom. I like the collage with all the little moments I treasure, but there must be an easier way of arranging and and gluing without messing up the arrangement. Took a little long for a special soul such as myself. And is anyone excited for Halloween/Autumn? I AM! I got this apothecary jar at Walmart. Okay I went a little crazy with the ribbon. I love to see Randon's reactions to my projects. "Wow...thats...a lot of ribbon for a...jar..." He just doesn't get it. I want to get a couple more in different sizes. Gotta love a project.

13 comments:

Whitney said...

I LOVE how you did that picture frame! It is SO cute!

Danielle said...

Jess!

You are so crafty! And you have great taste! When we get a house you're definitely going to be on my speed dial for ideas!

It all looks great. I want to come see the rest of your house!

Kate and Wiley said...

Wow that's a lot of ribbon for a jar...hehehe Randon is such a brat...but now that I look at it... :) I LOVE your domestic crafts Jess, especially being the special girl you are.

Mel Sims said...

Jess, your house looks great! I love your laundry/mud room....and all of your ideas....way to be creative!

Emily said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!! Do you know what will look good in your house.... Some nice cheesecloth ghosts!! Hummm- we should get together and make some someday!- oh and in response to your comment you left on my "High School" post- I had sooo many memories pop into my head- Half the time I was cracking up of the dumb stuff that we did! I LOVE IT!!

Kylee said...

Three words for you: SERIOUSLY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BLESSED!!!

Haha just kidding. It really is all very adorable.

Becky said...

Cute stuff! You do good work. I love the ideas.

Sarah said...

Will you be setting design appointments? Also I love the picture on the wall. Who took that?=)

The Keeles said...

I love it! And I too am ready for Halloween. My decorations have been out for a week now. I get eye rolls from the hubby all the time... I just consider it a compliment!

Niesha said...

How Fun! Maybe you should stop by my house sometime and work your magic... because i have zero time! How sad is it that I have lived in my house for a year and have yet to even start decorating it!

Mommalisa said...

You must have a gift or maybe you inherited this talent from someone, somewhere...It looks awesome! I love the jar, and Randon should know you can never have too much ribbon, duh!

Mel Sims said...

Okay, love. Maybe you are not aware that there are people in this world that CHECK YOUR BLOG EVERY DAY because they love the way you write, because you make them laugh, because you are truly the highlight of their day.....

(Or maybe they need to find something productive to do with their time...?)

Anyway, no pressure, just want you to UPDATE!!! =] Mel

Jamie said...

YOU CRAFTY DEVIL!!! What good ideas. I appreciate the "no staple bum". You did a great job. Don't take your clock apart, lets make a date Big E and Whit can play, and you can help me make one and give me some good ideas for my house!!! PLEASE :)