10.21.2008

Adventures in the Castle of Chaos

Friday night was a miracle, Randon didn't have to work. I'm used to being widowed on the weekends. I was going to take full advantage of being able to have a date. My dear friend Emily and I decided to take our husbands to a haunted house. Larry convinced us to go to Castle of Chaos as it was supposedly ranked very scary on the travel channel. Even my sister Kylee said she went last year and it was terrifying, like sign your life away on a waiver scary. Ah! I love scary things and I get really, well, scared anticipating the fright! Larry really wanted to pay for the extra "blood fest" where you get extra scares and a poncho to protect you from all the blood. Emily said I was her brave friend so I would do it. What?! Ah! I'm a wuss. But she talked me into it and I talked my sister Cass to come along for moral support. We were laughing and giggling the whole way there, hyped up on fright. Larry was crackin us up yelling "Bloooood Fest!!!" every so often. We got there and really had to sign waivers. Now I'm really shakin in my boots. Got our ponchos. Horrifying! Even Randon was trying to get in the mood so he would be scared. What? We paid not to wait in line? But thats how you get psyched up...you have time to prepare!! Nooooooo!!! All of this being said, I'm sure you're amazed we're alive. Well. Turns out the COC is LAME-O. Not even scary. Yeah. We paid extra to be more scared, we were right along with those that didn't pay. Same experience. Oh, actually one lady flicked her bloody knife at Randon so he got a bloody spray on his face. But really. Come on. All that scaredness for nothing. Luckily Cass and I didn't pee our pants. But it was really fun to see friends I haven't seen in awhile. Thanks for the fun night guys! Next time we'll have to try the Haunted Forest. Thanks for having a picture Traci! (I might have accidentally stolen it off of your blog.)

3 comments:

Kylee said...

Um... I didn't claim it was THAT scary. Don't blame me.

Maybe you have just lost the Halloween spirit.

Cassidie Anne said...

who is that weirdo girl in the back all by herself?.....is she the only single one there? sad.......

Niesha said...

How fun! I want to go to one of those... but not that one :) PLus Zack is to chicken! HA!