Merry Christmas!
I got tagged by Niesha...1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping, all the way. Its too easy to peek into gift bags.
2. Real tree or artificial tree? Real! Nothing beats the real pine smell. My parents have a real one and I borrowed my mom's artificial for my home.
3. When do you put up your tree? Traditionally we go with my parents to cut one down the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? I always cry when I take the tree down la la la... did you know thats a real song? Well I don't really cry, but I'm sad when Christmas is over. Randon doesn't get it because I love Christmas, but I'm very quick to take it down. I guess its like ripping off a bandaid. Gotta do it quick. No use lollygaggin. (I've used that word several times in my life and I dare say I've never written it. Fun fact, I know.)
5. Do you like eggnog? Um, YES! Love it!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Santa was always great to make every Christmas great. One Christmas though, I was in love with Michael Jackson, and really wanted his HIStory album. Come Christmas morning, I see that Santa accidentally put it with Kylee's stuff. Argh! I always had to "ask" before I listened to it.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad. Definitely.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope. I saw one I wanted for a great deal on Black Friday, but I was too lazy to go fight for it.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Neither. My mom has never done Christmas cards, and I follow suit. I really like seeing family photos, so maybe someday I'll send one, but the pages of family bragging make me gag. So don't send them people! No one like to see me gaggin!
11. Favorite Christmas movie? Hmmm, probably Christmas Vacation. Maybe because I'm reminded of the Griswalds at home. :)
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm like Niesha...never consistant. I can say though I've never been done early.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember, probably have though.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Oh where do I begin? Egg nog is so good. So is pumpkin pie. I just had candycane brownies that rocked. I love all the little homemade goodies. Wish me luck maintaining for WW this season. Ugh.
15. Lights on the tree? Oh the lights on my tree...I wish you could see...um thats affirmative for lights of course.
16. Favorite Christmas song? Oh boy. Again, where to begin. I have favorite songs with specific versions. The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole is definitely up there. White Christmas by Bing Crosby. Its Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas by Bing. Bing's whole Christmas album truly. Merry Christmas Darling by Karen Carpenter. I like BoyzIIMen's Let It Snow hahaha.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? There's no place like home for the holidays!
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen, and Rudolph (yeah just copied that one, Niesh... but I bet I could do it)
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Hmmm. We used to have an angel when I was little, now we have a star. My tree is bare at the moment.
20. Do you open Presents Christmas eve or Christmas day? We open our Christmas Pajama's on Christmas Eve and then the rest on Christmas Day.
21. The most annoying thing about this time of year? Scrooges! Yeah I mean you, Dad and Randon!
22. Favorite ornament theme and color? I gravitate towards classic these days. Red and green, maybe some white and silver. I'm liking the retro look these days.
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Just your traditional dinner I guess. I love turkey. Yeah Kylee! Someone does love turkey!
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A job for Randon. :(
25. Favorite Christmas tradition? I just love traditions. I'm sure my dad is just rolling his eyes right about now. Love you Dad. Even though you didn't put Christmas lights up this year. Going green? My arse. Then no more hunting. Thats hurting the environment. Sorry, tangent. I really love our Christmas Eve traditions. I have the best memories of it being so late and us waiting up while Mom finished sewing our jammies. You're the best, Mom. Dad always reads the Night Before Christmas, and the kids all sleep in one room. I love Christmas!
This was such a fun tag, I want to read about everyone's Christmas thoughts. I tag everyone. Can I do that? My family, come on! Lets see if Kylee and Cass agree! Danielle, Mel, Jamie! Becky, Emily, Kate, Laura, Brynn, Whit, Shea! Okay, I can't list everyone, but everyone do it!
5 comments:
yeah!!! i totally got named!!! yeah yeeehawwwwww
I'm going to pretend that the "Whit" you named is ME! This one will be fun!
I just did it! That was fun. Gotta love Christmas.
Thanks for the tag! :)
Thanks for your kind words about Whitney. She really has felt everyone's love. She was able to get some needed rest today and feels at peace with all that has happened. You have a beautiful family...Easton is such a cutie - love his name...I wanted it for my youngest, but you know how that sometimes goes. You will love getting to know Whitney more, she is beautiful inside and out! I adore Melanie, I've only recently been back in touch with her since high school...I love seeing what she's up to. Thanks again for your kindness.
hey, I just did this too! And I'm so glad I'm not the only one that hates those cheesy newsletters. hehehehe
Fun read!
Post a Comment