12.27.2008

I Love You, Grandma

My sweet Grandma passed away on Monday morning. I was blessed to be able to be by her side. I will cherish that memory of being curled up on the floor of her bedroom the night before, surrounded by my cousins, Mel and Danielle, Ky, and seeing my Uncle Ken attend to her every need all night without sleep, and to be with my mom and watch how strong she is. I am thankful for the blessing of having that spiritual experience. I miss my Grandma a lot, already. Like Mel, I'm having a strange leaking problem with my eyes. I love her so much. I can't wait to see her and my Grandpa again. My mom and dad were working with these awesome pictures for her services, I just love them.
My Grandpa and Grandma

8 comments:

{We Are The Wade's} said...

I'm sorry Jessica! Losing a grandparent is hard. Those are some really cute pictures of her.

Niesha said...

Jess! I am so sorry to hear this! My eyes are leaking for you :) But I think the best thing you can do is live to see her again and appreciate the family she gave you. {PS... LOVE the vintage photos! I am half tempted to rip them off your blog and frame them in my house!}

kollers said...

What awesome pictures you guys have. I'm so sorry about your loss. It is such a hard thing to go through when you are so close to them. I'm sure your sweet grandma will always be looking out for you and I hope you can find comfort in this difficult time. I just love ya!

Mel Sims said...

Wow those are good pictures of Grandma! Your mom was right...the one of her and gpa walking away is precious. I'm trying to figure out how to fit that one on the program....

Tina said...

I'm sorry Jessica. I have been watching for 3 years (in the background) and can't say enough what an amazing family you are. I love how much you all love each other and only grow closer when faced with hard things. I love the pictures. What a beautiful legacy she has left you with. You all have a little bit of her with you and will forever until you meet again.

Barlow Fam said...

It is hard losing someone that you love, but aren't we lucky that we have the Gospel and we know that family's are forever! I'm so sorry! I love the photo's too, and when oh when are we going to get together???

Danielle said...

Those pictures really are incredible. I'm glad you posted them here so I could put them in the video!

I also want to let you know that I think you did an AMAZING job yesterday. Grandma would have absolutely loved it.

Love ya! See you Thursday!

Connie said...

Oh Jess, I'm so sorry. Your post about your grandma was so beautiful and tender. It truly expressed how much you love her. Hopefully you have been able to take some comfort in the fact that you will be able to see her again someday. Isn't the gospel amazing?