11.10.2009

What did YOU do with yours?

I'm talking about that dress you dreamed about all of your life...and wore for one day. I love my wedding dress. It was different and unique and clothed me on the most exciting day of my life...but now it is hanging in a corner, kind of in the way. It has been in the closet of my mom's sewing room which she recently cleaned out, so now it is homeless. My little family is trying to share one closet, so there is really no room in there. I don't think I could sell it, by the end of the big day, and trekking all over the Manti Temple grounds, it isn't exactly in mint condition. I could get rid of it, but there is always that feeling of wanting your daughters to be able to see it and take it to the young women's activity where all the moms bring their dresses...hahaha. My mom still has hers but its sleek and small (what the heck? she was TINY. ask any of my sisters. from the time we even thought about trying it on, it was too small for any of us.)...so it doesn't take up any room . Anyway, I'm just curious if the majority of people kick em or keep em.

10 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

I have heard of women making it into a blessing dress for their baby girls, but mine is in the closet as well so I have no idea... Good luck

Kylee said...

DON'T GET RID OF IT! I CAN WEAR IT! I don't care if it is in mint condition. SAVE IT. At least until I can get home and try it on and see if I could wear it and save a few hundred $$ on that far distant dream I have of getting married.

Jeanette said...

Mine is sitting in my closet as well. No plans for it right now, but I dont want to get rid of it either.

So I am no help.

Whitney said...

I have mine preserved in a giant box. The week after the wedding we had it boxed up, and then 2 years ago we busted it open for Tyson's little sister to wear for her wedding. Then it was boxed up again. I like having it, and I don't think that I could ever get rid of it... but it just sits in an extra closet out of the way.

Niesha said...

Could be worse... you could have bought it...never worn it...and now can't fit in it! Alwell, I guess that is what I get...anyhoo, I am very sentimental and can't get ride of anything! I still have my prom dress and plan to never get rid of that. But, I do have both my moms prom dress and wedding dress and I will hold on to them FOREVER. I will probably get rid of my own dress before I lose them. I know that is not fair because the sentimental value is greater with her gone...but all I am saying is that your girls will probably appreciate it one day too. so you never know, but I am weird that way! I also love the blessing dress thing too!

Becky said...

Mine is hanging up in our basement. I don't plan to get rid of it.

Mel Sims said...

I rented mine! Funny, hu? I bought the vail and the shoes and kept those.

Then again, I come from the era when parents were poor and we walked uphill both ways to school! =]

Love you!

Cassidie Anne said...

my first wedding dress i have framed in my front room. my second one i made into drapery, he was the rich one. my third i was actually able to wear again for the fourth because he really liked that it was two piece and the top was a tube top. after that I just started making slippers out of them..for me and my cats. i will send pic via fb.

Kristy said...

I would keep it! You'll regret getting rid of it. I have a friend that made pillow cases out of her dress. :) there's also places that put it in a case/box for you, don't know how they do it but I've seen it before. But don't get rid of it!! :)

carol said...

Keep it My is years old and I still look at it and it yellow. Maybe so one will wear it.
Grand ma Rasmussen