10.29.2010

birthday boy.

Little E has had another birthday. They just keep coming. He keeps growing and getting bigger. And smarter. And while it breaks my heart a little to see the baby disappearing, I love to watch him learn and get glimpses here and there of the person he is going to be. So. E has been excited for his birthday all year. Every time someone else would have a birthday, we would again remind him his birthday was to come. He could readily tell you his birthday was in "OctoVer". Well Octover got here and we still had a couple of weeks to go. This was quite confusing for the little man as all along I had said it would be his birthday in Octover. We decided to make a count down chain for the days left till his birthday.
Turns out...he really just likes ripping paper. I don't think it really served its intended purpose. But he patiently waited through several days of non-birthday October. The night before his birthday rolled around and once again, I was so excited. I hope that feeling never goes away...I just can't wait to see his excitement for things.
He was a lucky little guy. His dad even made him a bookshelf to hang in his room. Of course...I was focused on the videography of the opening of presents so I don't have any pictures. His birthday was on a Saturday so after waking up and going present crazy, we hung out and played with new toys waiting till the evening when the family was coming over for a little party. Well, more like Randon and E played. I worked on this:

E had seen a Mickey cake and was quite set on one. I was happy with how it turned out. I used this fondant tutorial. It turned out much easier to work with than recipes I've used in the past. (The blog is called Make It & Love It...and she has some fab ideas! I love her website. Another good one to have on your blogroll.) The family came over for pizza and cake and it was so great to have everyone! I should have gotten more pictures with the guests but...didn't. Those in attendance were Grandma and Grandpa Great (my grandparents), Grandpa Russell, Grandma and Grandpa Rass, Uncle Gary, Kylee and Juancarlos and Maddy and Abbey. So fun!

He got some great gifts. The men sure loved the gift Uncle Gary brought.
Nice. Where's E? Haha.



It was really the hit of the evening.
I think the little man had fun.
(The one picture of him with his cake, after it had been torn into. Yeah. I'm on top of things...)
The next week, we had some friends over for a little party. It turned out to be so fun! We are so glad everyone came! We decorated party hats, made fruit loop necklaces, ate cupcakes and played! He even got presents, such a lucky boy! Thank you, friends!






I love this boy. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Ashley and Chris said...

o man he's getting so big!! what a cute cake (and cute cake stand ;D)

Kate and Wiley said...

Um these pictures are so cute. Your little boys face just melts my heart. I love birthdays!!

Unknown said...

*sniffle* Why is he growing up?

Niesha said...

How did all this happen with out me knowing?? You did such a great job... I am sure fun was had by all!