6.13.2011

i've been busy...

creating vital organs! Woohoo!!! I am pregnant with our second baby and we are so excited! I am about 6 months...still awhile to go. So much has happened since my last post, it is overwhelming to try and catch up. Right after my last post I started with the lovely morning (all day) sickness. I really wasn't that sick with Easton, so I was like, "What the heck?! This is miserable!" "No, really! This isn't fun! I'm sick...all day. ALL DAY!" I now have a higher appreciation for mothers who have to go through that. It's funny how fast I have forgotten it though, I already look back and think...it must not have been that bad. Now I am feeling pretty great, I have my energy back, I'm just feeling...large. I have been craving cereal and Chikfila. Mmmm...that sounds good right now. I feel like I've been a lot more likeable this pregnancy...at least I feel like I'm not as ornery and irritable as I was with E.
So at first Easton told us we were having two babies. He was just sure. And their names were going to be Mary and Joe. Yeah. He came up with that all by himself. Then when we had our first ultrasound and showed Easton there was only one baby. He then was positive it was a boy. The baby in the picture didn't have any hair. Obviously. And his name was to be Joe. I was convinced I was having a girl. This pregnancy was going so different. Easton would not believe it though. And when we went to have an ultrasound at 16 weeks, he was right!  We are having another boy! And we are so excited! Easton has changed his mind on the name though. He now says the name is going to be Luke. (He pronounces it "uke") Not sure where he comes up with this stuff.
I'm just so excited. I can't believe we will have another member of our family, it has been just us 3 for quite a while. I can't wait to see him and see the differences and similarities to East and to watch Easton be a big brother. He is already so sweet when he talks about the baby. He also keeps us laughing saying things along the way like, "Mom, don't lift up your shirt or the baby will escape." We can't wait for him to get here. I just have to make it through the hot summer. Wish me luck.
We have been busy and have done so much since I last updated. We had Valentine's Day and Randon and I celebrated our 5th anniversary and stayed at the Little America. We had the leprechaun visit our house on St. Patricks day, we celebrated birthdays and had a fun Easter.
Cute boy!
Chilly trip to the zoo!

 Easton has been cracking us up lately as usual. One funny thing I want to remember is that when he was younger, he called root beer "fruit beer". Now it is called "root beard". He has entered the stage of the I Want... everything he sees on TV he just really really needs. The funny thing is that this even includes household items. At one time or another he has come to tell me that we need oxyclean or a spacebag. The best was when he told us we really need an O Cedar ProMist. It's a mop. He showed me at the store. Haha. He is signed up for swimming lessons this summer and preschool in the fall...my little boy is getting so big! He is great at spelling his name working on writing the letters and can count to 14... then skips to 18. :)  He is always saying funny things like..."Oh for crying out loud." or "Listen up, Dad!" Oh! And the big news! Big E is potty trained!!!! YES! He was adamant about his dislike for the potty and had no interest, but when I finally buckled down and got serious about it...he learned so fast and did great! We are so happy. Although I didn't think it through when I was trying to bribe him the months before ... everything he would see...."yes buddy...you can have that...if you go in the potty." Boy has a good memory. Now he sees things...and remembers, oh...I went on the potty! I can have that now! I have to explain...I kinda meant like...one of those things. His favorite thing is probably going to the park in the evenings with Daddy while they let me rest. He has such a great Daddy that will do anything for him. He really loves his daddy. Daddy has to be the one to read him stories at night. I even try to do cool voices. Nope. Daddy. Oh how I love that boy. I guess I'll wrap up this super long post and do better at updating...crossing my fingers...

3 comments:

Whitney said...

An update!! YAY!!!

Congratulations on your next little guy! I hope you continue to feel great for the rest of your pregnancy. I feel your pain with the summer heat though. It's a good enough excuse to sit inside with your feet up. :)

Kate and Wiley said...

I am glad you are feeling better and it was so good to see you guys before we took off!! Oh and Chick-fil-a sounds so good to me to right now and I'm not even pregnant! Easton cracks me up by the way.

Nicole said...

Congrats!!! That's super exciting. I'm glad you've been feeling better! That boy of yours is sure a crack up!