9.27.2011

He's Here! He's Here!

And he is already 2 weeks old! I can't even believe it. I was scheduled to be induced on Monday the 12th. I was totally for it. With Easton I had to go in the night before, but this go around, I was already dialated to a 2  and 70% effaced. So I called in at 6:30am and they told me to come in at 8:00am. Chantel came to stay with Easton and off we went to the hospital. I just kept thinking...I can't believe next time I see Easton he will have a little brother. We got checked in and got my IV started. Randon settled in to read a book and I just hung out and watched TV. They started the pitocin around 10 and I was so excited to get things goin! I wasn't feeling much but my nurse told me she was going to get me the epidural before the anesthesiologist went to a C section. So I got my epidural early and spent the day hanging out, dozing off and eating slushies and ice chips. And here I am suffering through a particularly painful contraction.
Oh wait. I had an epidural. Har har.  This was more like it... quite pleasant actually.
I think it was around five that I was finally dilated and effaced. By the time everything was ready and my doctor was there I started to push and fifteen minutes later he was here!!! Labor this time compared to Easton was a dream. I couldn't believe he was really here. (Sorry for the blood on the head and the one leg pictured spread eagle. It's all good, people.)

He was 7lbs 14oz and 19 inches long. We decided on the name Luke Randon Russell. I was so excited to have Easton meet his new brother. He was so excited and Chantel even took him to pick out a little gift for him. So sweet! (Why does my expression look funny? I'll tell ya. Because I burped .5 seconds later. I'm nothing if not ladylike.)
We just love little Luke. He is the sweetest little thing. And my recovery has been so much better. Love it!

We are so tired but so excited he is here! We are so blessed to have such a sweet healthy little guy.

9 comments:

Kate and Wiley said...

Oh I LOVE it! What a sweet little cutie pie!! I am SO glad labor was so much better for you this time around! I do have to say that your post labor picture this time around is dramatically different from the first one! haha. Oh and I love your contraction picture! Epidurals are the best!!!

{We Are The Wade's} said...

SO cute!! And, you look so hot while your in labor!! Congratulations!!

Niesha said...

Jessica... I too am so glad that everything went sooooooooooo well! However, there is something to be said about women who don't get epidurals....oh and I be bringing you some fat clothes by later. HAHA! I love your sense of humor about the whole thing!! I can't wait to meet the little fella. Let me know when you are all settled in your home and don't feel overwelmed about haveing visitors over, because we would live to visit!! Yea for babies!!

Mel Sims said...

I'm in love! He's gorgeous!! And you are, too....that's just not right, you just had a baby!! =]

Cannot WAIT to meet him!!! Love you guys!

Whitney said...

He is SOOOO cute and I'm glad that you shared bloody leg pictures... because I did too and it makes me feel more normal. :)
Congrats on a new brother and an easy labor!!

Unknown said...

Your pain picture made me laugh out loud. And the burp picture.

Well done on the baby too :)

kollers said...

Oh Jess! Look at those hansome boys!!!! I am so excited for you! And I bet Easton is one awesome big brother! We also Love the name Luke! You are a silly little jokester you. . that pic was so funny. Hope you are all doing great!

Ashley said...

Oh... I just LOVE him! Congrats to you all! You have two beautiful little misters.

The Beckstrands said...

Jessica I laughed and laughed when I read this post. You are just too cute! i seriously miss you so much! I can't wait to meet Luke when we come visit! Love ya!