2.26.2008

I Am a Mother


Have you seen this picture before? I saw it in an old Simon Dewey calendar and loved it so much I had to cut it out and frame it. I love this picture because while I know Jesus had a mother, its easy to forget that even she raised a child that was our Savior. I love being a mother and know it is what I was meant to do. It hurts my heart to see how little importance is placed on mothers in the home in today's world. If you haven't read Jane Clayson's book, I Am a Mother, I highly recommend it. She speaks of motherhood and reminds us that a mother's job is no less than any career. I'm so grateful I get to stay home with Easton and overwhelmed at the same time to think it is my responsibility to raise him to be a righteous young man. Luckily I'm surrounded by examples of awesome mothers. It is amazing to experience the love that a mom has for her child. Now I'm going to go wipe the nose that just sneezed spit up everywhere. Woohoo! :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Good thoughts, Jess.