So I had what I thought was a brilliant idea. I saw this idea for a cute little project on Martha Stewart's website. I went to lunch with some of my girlfriends who also stay home with their babes. Why not have a project party? Woohoo! So we planned to all get together and create these super cute cheesecloth ghosts for Halloween. It was so fun, Emily, Laura and Brynn and their kids came over, and we dove in to ghost town. It looked so simple... yet took us forever! And they just didn't quite come out like the picture. Here we have Martha's version...

...and my version. My ghost looks a little sickly.

They actually turned out cute after taking forever and the poor kids were screaming for more attention. And now I get a grave yard of ghosts waiting to dry on my counter. OOOoooo Spooky!

It was a really fun day, and we might try another craft, perhaps a simpler one. Martha is just too crafty for me.
10 comments:
Ya Martha is a FREAK!!! They turned out WAY cute!!! I la la LOVE Halloween!!
OHHH MY!! Is there suppose to be a reason why I am cracking up hysterical right now??? (Larry is making fun of me cause I am sitting here giggling at the computer!) Thanks for letting us create the graveyard on your countertop- I bet you will be so sad to see them all leave! I LOVED the PRoject!! We ROCK!
Being Martha is soooo overrated! (see my post about martha) Plus you know she doesn't do half of her projects-she has a team of flunkies doing it for her! But your ghosts sure turned out cute!
JSYK(haha)those sugar ghosts have been around LONG before Martha, I think she's stealing ideas and taking the credit for them!
So I have to admit that I have been looking at your blog for a while and I'm just finally posting a comment! Ok, I think they turned out pretty good! Martha's got nothin on us! Thanks for the fun day, it was so good to see you. Lets do it again soon!
:) You are crafty! I think they're cute. Sometimes it's hard to mimick an idea...
Holy crap. That was a hilarious post Jess. I am so proud of you crafty gals! I think your sickly ghost is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!
Martha Shmartha... I really think she just blogs surfs and steals peoples ideas! She steals mine all the time ;) However, I used to love her in the pre prison days...now I can only stand to check out her website. Anyway... they truned out really cute! I might have to attempt them myself... I have a mantel in my house that they would look awesome on. Where would one buy this cheescloth stuff?
Who are you? Haha Jess what is with all the crafts? They're cute. I love them. They totally remind me of putting up all the Halloween decorations in the old house. Ah. I love Halloween.
I think that they turned out so cute. That was such a fun day.. we have to do it again!! You are the funniest ever!
Your crazy... they look great. When are you going to start making me all these great crafts?!
Post a Comment