12.12.2008

Calling All Dream Experts!

Shout out to all of my RHS choir homies! Does this time of year make anyone else miss choir? I miss all of the Christmas concerts and performances. Which is MAYBE why I keep having this dream but it started before the Christmas season...
****All of a sudden I'm back at Riverton High School. However, its not back in 2003, its now. And everyone has been attending choir for all of these years. And for some reason I've been gone, and let me tell you, this causes a bit of stress. Willmore is going to kill me! And for heaven's sake, I don't even remember what my slot number is, where we keep the music. And forget that, I don't even remember where I sit. Do I sing soprano this year, or alto? Oh it gets worse. I walk towards the choir room and my eyes are blinded by sparkle. Oh yes, its the lovely glittering Madrigal performance wear. CRAP. These ladies wearing the latest fashion in choir design means only one thing. There is a performance tonght. Shoot. I don't have a...a...I forget what we called them. Costume, uniform, outfit? Whatever the gold flowing swooshing beautiful fabric is, I don't have it. And I for sure don't have the right color of RED lipstick to wear so I don't look dead onstage! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, there is bound to be choreography. Not to mention...yeah...don't know any of the songs. Or what they even are. How can I pull this off? The weird thing is, I really don't want to miss the concert. I could easily bag it and not go, I mean, I did graduate five years ago. It would probably be okay to move on and find other interests. But I don't want to miss out on one song. Not one note, smile, jazz square, or standing ovation. Why people, why? I never even make it to see what Willmore will say to me. I just experience the stress. I don't ever see if I miss or do not miss the performance. Last night was a lovely variation where I was to reprise my role as Dorcas in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". Again, that was five years ago, and everyone has been rehearsing again. Its opening night. Where have I been? How could I have been so irresponsible?! They probably won't let me perform! NOOOOoooOO! I have to. I've acted the part before...I can memorize my lines pretty quick I'm sure...oh but the choreography, that danged choreography! What am I to do? Its LIFE or DEATH, I MUST perform...for some reason.***
Am I whacked in the head? Same dream over and over. I want it to stop, thats some pretty intense stress! I'm going to give myself an ulcer in my sleep. Any insight anyone? I so loved being in choir, and I loved the one theatre production I participated in, but I'm okay with the fact that it is in the past. In fact I'm pretty glad that part of my life is over. Being a teenager is over rated. So am I doomed to stressing about music for the rest of my life or what?

8 comments:

Mel Sims said...

Would you believe I have those same dreams? But mine are about drama things, because I didn't do choir. =] Sometimes I just jump in the performance and try my hardest to pretend I know what I'm doing.

I also have a dream like this, but it's the last week of school, I can't remember my locker and combo, and I have several finals to get to before we graduate. ACK!!

I think these kind of dreams are similar to the "wear your pj's to school" dreams. Somehow it's an anxiety of yours, or you're having anxiety about something, and it is played out this way in your dreams. I had a class at BYU where we talked a lot about dreams. Very interesting! Are you feeling any anxiety right now?

Barlow Fam said...

I don't think that you are crazy, I do miss choir a little bit!! But that is a pretty crazy dream!! Pretty intense though, I haven't had that crazy of a dream really ever!! I think that you are great! And I still think that we need to get together soon!

Connie said...

Maybe it means you should join your ward choir LOL. : )

Cassidie Anne said...

Choir
To dream that you are singing in a choir, symbolizes spiritual harmony and balance. It also refers to your ability to work and cooperate with others

High School
To dream about high school, refers to the bounds and friendships that you made while you were in high school. What spiritual lessons have you learned? The dream may also be telling you that you need to start preparing for the real world.

To dream that you have to repeat high school, suggests that you are doubting your accomplishments and the goals that you have already completed. You feel that you may not be measuring up to the expectation of others. The dream may occur because some recent situation may have awakened old anxieties and insecurities

Costume
To dream that you are wearing a costume, signifies that you are putting on a facade toward others. Your true self is not being revealed and you are not being completely honest with people around you

Teacher
To see your teacher (past or present) in your dream, suggests that you are seeking some advice, guidance, or knowledge. You are heading into a new path in life and ready to learn by example or from a past experience. Consider your own personal experiences with that particular teacher. What subject was taught? Alternatively, it may relate to issues with authority and seeking approval. You may be going through a situation in your waking life where you feel that you are being treated like a student or in which you feel you are being put to a test

** sounds like you got some self talk to do dear :)

Jenny said...

LOL! O my heck I totally have dreams that I am back in High School and I can't remember anything like my locker combo or my schedule...weird!! Anyways...I have been meaning to tell you...YOU LOOK SO GREAT! The pictures you have posted lately you look awesome! I mentioned it to Emily and Traci and they both said that you look amazing! Just thought you'd like to know :)

Kate and Wiley said...

My dreams are always that I am running in the halls of Oquirrh Middle school and I never put any clothes on after I took a shower but I don't realize it until the bell is about to ring and the students will soon be in the halls. I try to run but my legs won't move. You probably just ate something weird. Did you eat at Chuck-o-Rama that night?

Whitney said...

I agree with Kate... only don't ever eat at Up-Chuck-A-Rama. And for Heaven's sake, please never forget to wear that hideous color of red so that you don't look washed out on stage!!! (I was laughing the whole time I read your dream)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I totally miss the RHS choir, It was so much fun. I wish we could go back to 2003 and sing some more christmas songs.