5.18.2009

Moving Day!

Who doesn't love moving day?! WooHoo! Party! Its especially fun when you have a lot of crap. Big, heavy, awkward... crap. That's what is really comes down to. When I start packing, I want to pack every last little scrap and screw in newspaper and bubble wrap and write "FRAGILE!!! AH!! BE SO GENTLE!!! " on every visible surface. But by the end of the day, I want to throw everything against the wall and throw it away, well I don't want to throw it anywhere. I don't want to touch anything and I don't care if I ever see it again. The day was sometime in the middle of April, and we were set to move everything to my dear Grandparents' house who had room in their basement. We rented this lovely monster...
I was quite surprised at how fast we filled it up. Then it was off to unload. The space my grandparents have is perfect and roomy, the hallway and door to get there is just a little narrow, and presented a little challenge.


I think at this point its a little stuck. Also at this point, I think my husband is having a great time and enjoying the whole experience.

Oh, on second thought, I think he wants to kill me for ever thinking we ever needed a single piece of furniture.

Thankfully we had lots of family there to help us out and make the move much less painful. Here we have my father-in-law, Bruce. Chantel was also there to help with my parents and Cass and Braiden. Thanks you guys!


"Now, babe, lets get a picture to document and remember this wonderful day!"
"No, seriously! A happy face!"

Okay... nevermind. Yikes. I don't think Randon likes moving.


5 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Oh what fun you guys looked like you had!! I don't envy you at all, I hated moving from Cedar City up here it was so crappy!! But all is done, I can't wait to see your new place at the grandparents... Speaking of seeing you we better do it quick before this baby comes, when can we get together????

Danielle said...

Wow, that certainly looks familiar - narrow stairs and all! Oh the joys of moving. And I must say you look WAY too cute to be moving. You'll notice on my post about moving I do not appear in any of the pics. =]

So I'm very obviously out of the loop but where are you guys living now?

Tina said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!

rwphillipsfamily said...

hey!!!!!! I am so SAD you guys left without saying bye to me!!! I had to hear it from Ethan that you guys left!! We will MISS you! Have a good adventure at your grandma's..Keep in touch. I hope you'll come back here sometime to visit. ha. Lots of Love..whit

Becky said...

Moving is always an adventure!