5.23.2008
9th Grade Lagoon Day - Yeah Baby!
So my dear friend Kate teaches at a junior high in Roy. As such, she got to accompany the ninth graders to Lagoon yesterday. And being the great friend that she is, she invited me to come along. How could I refuse? We even got to ride the school bus! So I left Easton to have a fun day with his daddy and grandma and off we went. It was funny to listen to the students and hear about their life shattering drama. Those were the days. Here is the lovely Mrs. Barker with her students on the bus. Its so weird to watch her as a teacher, I swear we were just in ninth grade! She does a great job.
So we get there and it is FREEZING! I wore flip flops. Yeah. Smart. It was raining through out the day so we look so lovely with our matted hair and blue lips. We rode several rides and had a grand time.
At one point we were so cold and the only heated place in the dang park was the gift shop so we loitered in there a bit to warm up. Lucky we did because we found these awesome Lagoon hats!
Even though it was cold, it was lots of fun. We were even brave and rode "Wicked". I almost peed my pants. Oh, and here if you look closely, is Kate on the terror ride. She was absolutely terrified. :)
Thank you Kate for the Lagoon adventure! Being with those kids made me feel young again. Okay not really. I'm really GLAD I'm not in junior high anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How FUN!!! I haven't been to Lagoon in years! You are so lucky!
Nothing beats ninth grade lagoon day. What I wouldn't give to be in junior high again. My glory days.
dang I want to go to Lagoon! But I'll have to wait until Frightmares!!
Post a Comment