Well I guess its time to move on and get back to posting things of the lighter side of life. Grandma's services were lovely. I think she would have been pleased. All of her children spoke, as well as my cousins, Mel and Danielle. They did a great job.I sang a solo, "Where Can I Turn for Peace?", well, I guess you could say I sang the first verse and blubbered my way through the rest. Oh well. It was hard when everything was over, hard to just go back to real life. All the family got together at her house for a party on New Year's Day, and I'm so glad we did. We all still miss her, but its all good.
The night before, New Year's Eve, Randon and I were duds. There were parties to attend, but how do you manage with a baby to get to bed? (I don't think Easton is classified as a baby anymore, but I'm in denial.) I think we were all asleep by 11. Lame, I know.
Anyway, backtracking further, we did have quite a merry little Christmas. We had fun with my family on Christmas Eve and made pizzas and it was home early again for Big E. We had our first Christmas as just our little family. Here is Easton on Christmas Eve in his retro cowboy jammies. So cute. (Yes, he got a hair cut. Dad took Grandpa Spiers' ancient clippers to his head.)


My mom was thoughtful enough to get Randon and I new temple clothes. And of course Easton was spoiled.


It was a nice day, we had a good dinner with Uncle Gary. Of course the power had to go out. No one knew what to do without power for their new techy toys. :) We still had a great Christmas though. Somehow struggling makes it really easy to understand the reason for the season. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!
5 comments:
Oh those pj's are so cute! It looks like the haircutting skills run in the Russell family. Maybe Randon should try doing your hair next! :)
ohhhh I miss Easton!! he is sooo cute. even though I was scared of his hair cut.....poor kid
Look how grandpa-ish Dad looks in that picture with Easton. And I seriously have never been so excited about giving a Christmas present as I was about those books I gave to Randon. Let the quotes fly!
What a fun Christmas that you had! We need to get together very soon!! Call me and will plan it!
Easton looks so cute in those pj's! I got used to seeing him often and now I miss him!
I have to say Danny feels the exact same way about clothes and shoes! He needs some new jeans but when I mention going to get him some he tells me that if I do he'll be mad. He feels the same as Randon - they're a waste of money. And don't even get me started on the shoes...he has a pair of hiking type outdoors shoes that in his mind go with everything he owns and work for every occasion. I'd try to accidentally lose them except he ALWAYS has them on.
Gotta love those boys. =}
Post a Comment